Janet Jackson Spoke About Her 2004 Super Bowl Performance And Her Relationship With Justin Timberlake - BuzzFeed

"This whole thing was blown way out of proportion."

Janet Jackson looked back at her 2004 Super Bowl Halftime Show and her relationship Justin Timberlake in her new documentary, Janet.

Donald Miralle / Getty Images

During her performance, Justin ripped off some fabric from Janet's outfit, and briefly exposed her breast. In the aftermath, Janet and Justin's careers took remarkably different turns — Justin was able to joke about the incident while Janet's career never quite recovered, likely driven by a mix of industry sabotage and boycotts.

Jeff Haynes / AFP via Getty Images

Fast forward to last year, Justin issued a public apology to Janet following the release of the documentary Framing Britney Spears, writing, "I specifically want to apologize to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson both individually, because I care for and respect these women and I know I failed."

Frank Micelotta / Getty Images

Speaking now in her documentary, Janet reportedly said, “Honestly, this whole thing was blown way out of proportion."

Gregg Deguire / Getty Images for The Recording Academy

"Of course, it was an accident that should not have happened, but everyone is looking for someone to blame and that’s got to stop.”

Bryan Bedder / Stringer / Getty Images

“Justin and I are very good friends, and we will always be very good friends,” she continued. “We spoke just a few days ago. He and I have moved on, and it’s time for everyone else to do the same.”

Jamie Mccarthy / FilmMagic / Getty Images

"We talked once and [Justin] said, ‘I don’t know if I should come out and make a statement.’ And I said, ‘Listen, I don’t want any drama for you. They’re aiming all of this at me.’ So I said, ‘If I were you, I wouldn’t say anything.’”

Frank Micelotta / Getty Images

Of course, Justin did end up discussing the incident. Right after the Superbowl, he told one reporter, "I love giving y'all something to talk about." A few days later he issued an apology, before Janet made the first of her many public apologies. At the Grammys the following week, he said, "What occurred was unintentional, completely regrettable, and I completely apologize if you were offended" while laughing.

You can read more about the documentary here.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( Janet Jackson Spoke About Her 2004 Super Bowl Performance And Her Relationship With Justin Timberlake - BuzzFeed )
https://ift.tt/oHgT2fZaC
Entertainment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Hurley says it was a ‘nightmare’ working with Matthew Perry amid actor's addiction - Fox News

Daisy Edgar-Jones in ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’: Film Review - Hollywood Reporter